Sunday, June 2, 2013

Milestones (More About Me)

So far this year, I’ve applied for Medicare and stopped my subscription to Mother Jones Magazine. I didn’t have any problems with Medicare.  I’ll be able to ride the bus for free!  And I spent my childhood waiting to be nuked.  By becoming a Senior Citizen, I’ve defeated the Communists.  (By the way, talking to people my age, I’ve never had anybody say they spent their childhood waiting for the Bomb to drop.  Is it just me?)

I did suffer some twinges when I decided not to renew my MJ subscription.  I started subscribing in the seventies, annoying my parents and my then husband.  But after thirty some years, I would be digging issues out the magazine basket and recycling them without even glancing at them. 

So I subscribed to The Episcopal Journal, which I do read.  I settle down with the paper and a cup of tea and feel like I’m in Dibley or St. Mary Mead.

This isn’t really supposed to make a point.  But please share your comments.

(Click where it says “no comment.”)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment