Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I’m an evangelical Episcopalian -- I took a test.

I love personality tests.  Of course, when I was in graduate school, I took a test that said my “intellectual comfort level” was that of a high school dropout.  When I told my friends this  (because I thought it was a hoot) they got upset, told me that test was worthless, and tried to comfort me. 

I can imagine someone reading the title and saying, “I don’t believe in labels.”  I find them kind of fun.  And some of the fun comes from defying your label.
Someone else is probably saying, “What the (fill in your favorite expletive) is an evangelical Episcopalian?”  And my friends probably think that if anyone would be an evangelical Episcopalian, it would be me.

The fact that such people can exists is one of the strengths of the Episcopal Church.  Parish differ, priests differ, parishioners differ.  Let’s take advantage of and celebrate the diversity!

No comments:

Post a Comment