Monday, August 5, 2013

You’re Such a Lovely Person -- Why Do Your Beliefs Suck?

You meet all kinds of people in a Bible study group – literalists, fundamentalists, creationists, evolutionists, whateverists.  I am in the last category.

But it has been a leap.  I always believed in evolution.  Then I got to know people who didn’t.  They didn’t seem crazy.  And I liked them!  Then I started listening to Creation Moments on Family Radio:  little biology fun-facts that supposedly proved, at the very least, that Darwin was wrong.  They made sense.  I started thinking “Maybe Darwin wasn’t one hundred per cent right.”

Naturally I couldn’t discuss this with anyone.  My family thinks I’m strange already.  And I just wasn’t up to mentioning it at Bible Study;  I didn’t want to be assaulted by information.

Finally, I came to the conclusion “I don’t know.  I don’t care.  It doesn’t make any difference.”  (You’ll notice I didn’t use exclamation points.  I don’t think it’s worth the effort to exclaim.  It just is.)
It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment