Monday, August 19, 2013

A Ride Even Wilder than Mr. Toad’s!

Is your Christian journey a walk?  Or is it a roller coaster ride?  Sometimes I feel like I’m going downhill in a wagon.  I’m not doing anything to make things happen, but the momentum keeps building, faster and faster.  It’s fun and exciting, but scary.  One experience leads to another, and (I hope) I grow in knowledge and spirit.

I can steer a bit, and I can sometimes avoid the rocks or bumps in the hill, if I see them.  Sometimes I can’t, and the wagon turns over.  So I can either cry, get back in, or do both.

Eventually, I get to the bottom of the hill.  It’s kind of a letdown, but necessary.  Theoretically, I should wait awhile before starting for the next hill.  This is a time to rest and reflect.

When I’m ready, I go ahead, pulling the wagon, going up the next hill, and then, at the top, getting in and, afraid but excited, starting down the hill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment