Sunday, November 10, 2013

Proceeding

Last week I had one of those “procedures” done where they stick a camera down your throat to see what is going on in your digestive tract.  As I was lying on the table waiting for things to get underway, I couldn’t help but wonder (as Carrie Bradshaw used to say) about a few things.

 Where did I put the instructions about my funeral?  My husband knows I want an Episcopal service with the Eucharist, but he doesn’t know my favorite hymns and scriptures. 
Is there food in heaven?

What’s wrong with me?  People don’t die during these things.  Does everyone have these thoughts when they are about to be operated or proceeded on?

Will I feel well enough to make a cake for the flea market on Friday and go to the Diocese Convention on Saturday?
Will they give me the pictures and if they do, should I hang them in the kitchen or the bathroom?

I was also very pleased that this could make a good post.
The next thing I knew, I was awake and it was over.

Yes, I did make the cake and go to the Convention and no, they did not give me any pictures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment